The buzz in Washington: The entire Congressional Hispanic Caucus is meeting with Obama to talk about two things: stopping immigration raids and passing comprehensive immigration reform, the same things we are talking to Obama about!
The buzz around Progress by Pesach: There are 18 national organizations that have signed onto the campaign. Jewish Community Action has already collected over 350 signatures alone!
Here's a roster of all the work that volunteers and leaders have been up to so far:
• Jan 24th: presented workshop at the Adath Cultural Sampler
• Jan 25th: collected signatures at an immigration event in the Liberian community
• Feb 8th: collected signatures at Shir Tikvah
• Feb 22nd: collecting signatures at the Interfaith Immigration Prayer Vigil in Minneapolis
• Feb 25th: collecting signatures and speaking at Penumbra Theaters'play "Whipping Man"
• Feb 28th: giving a D'var at Temple of Aaron
• March 6th: hosting a discussion on Progress by Pesach at Indie Jews Shabbat
• March 7th: giving a D'var at Mayim Rabim and at Beth Jacob Congregation
• March 11th: Premier of "Welcome the Stranger" at the Minneapolis Film Festival
• March l3th: collecting signatures at Mount Zion Temple
• Marc 22nd: 7th Annual Immigrant Rights Freedom Seder at Mount Zion Temple